Wednesday, February 5, 2014

There Is No "One Right Way"

After the craziness of Sunday we were blessed with another day off on Monday. On Monday, I received a frustrating phone call from the social worker that upset me more than it should have. Later that night I had a little meltdown, did my ugly cry, and snuggled up with Tyler. I couldn't sleep and found an article that was definitely meant for me to see. This paragraph really stuck out to me:
-I believe there is no "one right way." God calls each of us to seek him, to look for His wisdom to follow where he calls us by faith, and it will be a different story for each family, marriage, and individual mom or dad. To walk that uncertain line we must trust that God will be faithful to lead and guide us."-
Well that pretty much sums up our situation. We are creating a family in a different way than most people would choose but there is no "one right way." We were called to be foster parents and it has been one of the greatest blessings in our lives. Each day we wake up with this precious boy we are walking the uncertain line. If I had to describe foster care I would simply put ? I feel like I often have more questions than I do answers but we have complete trust and know God will lead us. It has already been an emotional roller coaster and this is just the beginning.
Yesterday was my first day back to school. It was great to see everyone and have tons of hugs from my kids but it was very difficult. I missed my pumpkin more than I thought I would. Visitation was canceled due to bad weather so I was thankful to be able to spend the whole night with him.
We filed his nails, took a bath, got a massage, read books, sang songs, and snuggled. Tyler and I had a delicious dinner while the baby slept and even got to play some games which we love to do. It was the perfect night! We were thankful to be in a warm house together and thankful for another snow day today.


Relaxing...


Holding Tyler's finger while we read our bedtime stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment