Friday, February 14, 2014

Heart Breaker

Well we were blessed to start our week with another snow day. We spent the day snuggling and hanging out with our niece and precious baby boy. We even dressed for the occasion.

We both went back to work on Tuesday and I bragged because we actually made it to work earlier than we ever do. I will not brag again because by Thursday, we were lucky to even get out the door! Thursday was a crazy day full of meetings. I left one meeting to go to another and then another. I was excited to get home. It was sweet boy's one month birthday! It's hard to believe he is already a month old. He is growing and changing every day!
When I heard the possibility for snow day I secretly hoped for another snow day. I was bummed when I got up and had not gotten a call. I was feeding sweet boy and decided I would wait a little longer to shower and I sure am glad I did. We got the call that said we were closed! I told him that I got to stay home with him and he smiled. Yes, I know it could have been gas but I am pretty sure he was just happy to be home with me today! What more could we ask for on Valentine's Day? Again, we dressed for the occasion and he sure is a heart breaker!

We are praying for a calm night and that we are not going to need to pack up in the middle of the night. There is another visit tomorrow so we are praying for strength. Moments like these help me to remember that for right now, he is coming home with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment