Sunday, February 16, 2014

How Lucky Am I...

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. --Winnie the Pooh

Wow was my immediate thought when reading this. Saying goodbye is absolutely miserable while dropping him off at the sitter's or visitation but this put a new perspective on things. There are so many people who do not have someone to love and care for and I am so blessed to have this precious boy to pour my heart into. He has filled a space in my heart that I never knew was empty.
While he brings me so much joy and happiness, my heart absolutely breaks for his birth mom. I don't know how she spends her time without him, her life story, or really how much responsibility she wants when it comes to caring for him but she still has feelings. To some extent, she has to miss him. Tyler and I were talking about how much he has changed and she misses all of that. She misses his smiles, his sweet noises, and all of the other amazing things he does daily. He knows our voices and reacts to us, not her. For now, we are the ones who are experiencing his "firsts." It truly makes me sad for her. We give her pictures and update her but it's nothing like experiencing it for yourself.
We made it to church today and it was wonderful! I couldn't ask for anything more than worshipping with this precious boy in my arms and my husband by my side. He was absolutely perfect and slept through the majority of the service. It was so nice to be back and it always helps to start our weeks off the right way. We are praying for an easy week and that our time with him be multiplied. I think we may have a full week of school so we are definitely going to be missing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment