Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lord, I Need You

On Saturday, I left the boys at home and I went to get my hair cut. I immediately turned on the radio and started praying. I have been tested so much lately and it was nice to have my quiet time alone to just talk to God. One of my favorite songs is "Lord, I Need You" by Matt Maher and it sums up perfectly how I feel. This song came on and I immediately burst into tears. The chorus of the song says:
Lord, I need you, oh I need you
Every hour I need you
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need you
As I kept driving, I continued to cry. I wanted nothing more than for him to have a good visit and to come back ok. Well, that didn't happen. He came back with a tummy ache and extremely lethargic which was worrisome. I called the doctor yesterday and they said they wanted to see him first thing this morning. I took the day off and we packed the car this morning and headed to the doctor.  Since our morning routine was off, we listened to our worship songs in the car. Again, "Lord, I Need You" came on the radio. Once again, I was overcome with emotions. I know He hears my prayers and I know He knows how much I need Him. Without my faith, I would not have made it this far. I have been tested and tried more than I thought was possible in a month but my faith remains unshaken.
Court is this Thursday and I am already a nervous wreck. I have spent so much time in prayer and I just pray that whatever is best for this sweet little boy will happen. It's out of my control and I have to turn it over. We will love this little boy for as long as we have the opportunity to. He has blessed our lives more than I knew a precious baby could. I'm so thankful to be able to love on this sweet boy every day and to have wonderful husband by my side. 
We ask for your prayers as court approaches. We ask that God's will be done and that this sweet boy is loved and safe.
My stinkin' cute outfit today :)

2 comments: