Monday, February 10, 2014

Let It Shine

This sweet baby boy loves it when we play music and sing to him. Our daily concert includes You Are My Sunshine (his favorite), Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands and This Little Light of Mine.  This Little Light of Mine has really taken on a new meaning for Tyler and I. We are being tested over and over but we refuse to give in. Last weekend we had to pack up early and go to my moms because of no power, yesterday we had to pack up at 3 am and leave due to a strong propane smell in our house. Visit was extended to 3 hours which presented the usual issues. We have been trying for the past 2 weeks to get everyone to church but the weather hasn't cooperated. At this point, I would love to say you name it and it's happened but I'm terrified to say it! I told Tyler yesterday that I feel like Satan is trying to get us down, to break us, and to lead us astray but we won't let Satan blow it out, we're going to let it shine! We are mentally and physically exhausted  and it would be so easy for us  to just say forget it  but we refuse to have that attitude. Tyler and I spend a lot of time just talking about life and praying which I am incredibly thankful for. This morning we had worship songs on and  we were watching as our sweet boy did tummy time. I clicked on Facebook and  this was the first thing I saw. How appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment