Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Jeremiah 29:11

We survived our first overnight. It was as horrible as I had expected. When your whole life revolves around one precious angel and then they are not there you just feel lost. I held it together all day on Friday until it was almost time to take him. I stood in the kitchen holding my sweet boy and sobbing as Tyler had his arms wrapped around both of us praying. We could not wait to get him back home with us and neither of us wanted to put him down.
As the end of summer is coming we are both a mix of emotions. We have gotten used to having all day with our boy and now our time will be limited. We haven't even started school and I am ready for a day off so I can snuggle! We know it will be good for all of us to get back into a routine but who doesn't like staying in their pjs and playing with a precious baby!
I often say that we are constantly praying for our hearts to be prepared and for peace. As I clicked through Pinterest yesterday both of these showed up.

Last night after laying our sweet boy down for bed I really started thinking. How do you prepare your heart for heart break? How do you have a peace about one of the biggest blessings in your life going away? How do you go back to life as it once was? How do you hold it together when you are falling apart? Life just feels right with him in it. Our family feels perfect just the way it is. We know that God is working in the situation and in all of us. We know that He will give us the strength we need and answers in His time.
This sweet boy has turned our world upside down and in the best way possible. He brings a happiness to my life that I never knew existed. His sweet smile and giggle makes the worst day the best. His snuggles make me want to freeze time and stay like that forever. The first moment that I saw him I was in love and he had stolen my heart. 6 months and 12 days later, that love is even stronger then I could have imagined.
If only for a short time, this boy has been loved more than he will ever know. He has been prayed for by people that have never had the opportunity to meet him and has made us happier than we thought we could ever be.
Jeremiah 29:11 is the verse we continuously turn to and we know that God has plans to prosper all of us! Keep praying!


No comments:

Post a Comment