Saturday, August 9, 2014

What Would You Do?

I looked at the clock this morning and panicked because I didn't hear our sweet boy. I searched frantically for the monitor to check on him and then I remembered...he isn't here. My heart instantly sank as I remembered I won't get my morning snuggles and my day won't be started with his sweet smiles. I tossed and turned last night wondering if he was ok . I was so tired but  my mind wouldn't rest. I started praying because I knew God was with our sweet boy and would give me the strength I needed. Our God is truly an awesome God!
Each time we think we cannot be surprised anymore something happens to change our minds. I am constantly asking "What would you do?" I have continued to ask that question and take each answer to heart and truly consider everything I am told but I have started asking, "What would I want someone to do for me?" I have had to put myself in our sweet boy's position and think about my future and think about what I would have wanted someone to do for me. This sweet boy is helpless and I have to be his voice. I have to fight for him, his rights, and what's best. That's what I would want someone to do for me. I don't ever want to look back and think I could have done more. This sweet boy deserves the world and while he is with me I will make sure  he has it.
School will be starting soon and I am trying to enjoy every single second I can. I am so sad thinking about not spending every day with him. We have been so blessed to have the summer together and I am so thankful we have had so much time together. I love this sweet boy more than I ever knew I could love someone. I see God working in our situation daily and I know he isn't finished with us yet!
Keep Praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment