Tuesday, July 15, 2014

We Won't Be Shaken

If you haven't noticed I always have a song that I associate with my mood, events of the day, or just a song playing in my head that is applicable to life at that moment. The song of the night is We Won't Be Shaken by Building 429. It has been on repeat since I got an email from the social worker regarding court. Court did not go the way we had hoped but we still have complete faith and trust. We know that with what occurred today he is one step closer to returning home. We pray that if him returning home is part of the plan that God prepares our hearts and gives us the peace to know he is safe and where he needs to be. We will continue to love and devote ourselves to this sweet boy as long as we can.
After reading the email, we both became very down. We were out on a walk as a family and upon returning home we just sat outside on the swing. I was a mess and trying to talk about what I was thinking but of course it was difficult to understand through my tears. After sweet boy's bath tonight I just sat and snuggled him. He put his precious, chunky hands on my cheeks and kept giving me "kisses." He would look at me with his bright eyes and smile. I think he knew his momma really needed some extra snuggles tonight.
We appreciate all of the encouraging messages we received tonight. Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for everyone involved, especially our sweet boy.


1 comment: