Monday, July 7, 2014

Pause

Do you ever wish you could pause certain moments in your life? In the midst of all of the craziness there are so many times I wish I could just pause time. This week I have had several of those situations and I just wanted them to last a few seconds longer. Our big boy doesn't like to be cradled anymore and it makes me so sad but there have been two times this week that he has wiggled his way down into my arms. I got to snuggle him and rock him like I did when we first brought him home and it was wonderful. There is nothing greater than his big eyes looking up and you and then slowly drifting to sleep. It truly makes you forget all of the crazy things that are happening. Another moment occurred tonight as I was snuggled in between my sweet boy and my awesome husband. It was completely quiet as we were on the swing in the backyard but it was a time that words were not needed. I just sat there thanking God for all of the blessings and a special thanks for the two boys I was sitting with.
We have had several ups and downs over the past week. There have been lots of tears, lots of prayers, and a lot of questions. I truly have the best husband who lets me cry whenever I need to and he always knows when to leave me and when to comfort me. Through all of my ugly cries and sobbing he proves to me time and time again why I married him. He quotes verses from the Bible in response to my questions and comments, he prays out loud for me as I am breaking down, and he holds me close and promises me that God has a plan for us and we are going to be ok. I am beyond thankful to have this man of God as my husband.
Our big boy will be 6 months old on Sunday. He is such a chunker and has a smile that will melt your heart. He has found his feet and loves to chew on them, he has found his tongue and sticks it out all of the time, and definitely knows how to use his voice. He jabbers and talks non stop! Just another reason we get along so well!
Please continue to pray for everyone involved in the situation. It seems as new information develops the crazier things become. We are enjoying every day we can with this sweet boy and pray they continue!


My toes are so yummy!
Reading a Bible story with mom and dad.


Happy Fourth of July! 

My two new additions, my first teeth!

1 comment:

  1. He is growing so much. continued prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete