Monday, November 17, 2014

Ten Months

Ten months ago today we were home on a snow day and we received a phone call that changed us forever. Ten months ago today I met the sweetest boy who stole my heart and I became a momma. Today, I am home on a snow day watching my sweet ten month old boy crawl all over, pull up, take a few steps, and eat big boy food. I never knew I was capable of loving someone the way that I love him. When I walked into the hospital ten months ago and saw that precious baby laying there I was changed. My whole world shifted to that tiny boy. That sweet boy isn't as tiny anymore but he has my heart.

I recently heard Garth Brooks new song, "Mom." I was an absolute mess listening to this beautiful song. It wasn't a coincidence that my phone rang ten months ago for this sweet baby, God knew all along I was supposed to be his momma. A verse in the song says "So hush now little baby, don't you cry cause there's someone down there whose only goal in life is to make sure you're alright." I constantly think about my sweet baby when I'm not with him, I wonder what he is doing, if he is ok, and count down the minutes until I can see him again.

We have had a rough week with sickness and it has broken my heart. He started with a cold, then had belly issues, and ended with a fever and earache. I wanted to make him all better but I couldn't. I couldn't heal him but we had lots of extra snuggle time which was wonderful for both of us. Last night he couldn't sleep so we were standing at the window watching the snow fall. He kept moving his hands and I snuggled him a little closer and his sweet, chunky hand wrapped around my finger and he went right to sleep. Moments like that fill my heart with so much joy and happiness. I never knew being a momma would be this wonderful.

We have enjoyed our day off today and it's hard to think that just ten months ago we were sitting here with a new baby. We still have a long way to go but are enjoying every minute of our time together. Please keep praying for everyone involved.


 What is this stuff momma?

No comments:

Post a Comment