Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

As I sit on my couch writing this, I have a wonderful, loving, forgiving, and caring husband resting in our room. I am watching my sweet, precious boy on the monitor as he so peacefully sleeps. Tomorrow is a time of giving thanks but shouldn't that be every day? Every day I wake to a warm house, food to eat, clothes to wear, and a family who loves me even at my worst and I am truly thankful.

Before you continue reading, please click on the click to read a short blog post that I recently came across. http://www.foreverymom.com/mother/

The blog posted above is the harsh reality of foster care. I am continuously conflicted and I feel so many emotions at once. I am so angry at his birth mom for making the choices she did and leaving this baby's life in limbo. I am enraged when I see that she is in jail again. More than my anger, I am sad, my heart breaks for her. She has never seen him crawl, she has never fed him baby food, she has never rocked him to sleep, she has not gotten to do so many things that I have. I am eternally grateful that I was chosen to join the crazy world of foster care and that I was chosen to be his momma. It has been the most difficult ten months I have ever had, I have been at my weakest, and I have also been at my best. I have ugly cried more times than I can count and I'm not finished yet. I have often times said that I do not believe I am strong enough to do this but it amazes me because I always come through stronger than before. That isn't because of anything I did except surrender my life to Christ. Like the woman in the blog, I was given a gift, the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Tomorrow is another first for us, our sweet boy's first Thanksgiving! My heart is so full knowing that we get to celebrate another holiday with him. We have had ten months with our sweet boy and we have cherished every single second. Our house is full of laughter, hugs, kisses, snuggles, stories, and prayers. Our sweet boy giggles constantly and has a smile that is contagious. He melts your heart with his precious grin and his wide, curious eyes. We are blessed beyond belief to have the opportunity to be his mommy and daddy. When he reaches for me and lays his head against my chest my heart skips a beat. There is no greater feeling than being a momma and knowing for that moment that everything in the world is as perfect as can be.
*Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1Thessalonians 5:16-18

For everyone who prays for us, we thank you. It means the world to us that you take time to remember us and to lift us up in prayer.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment