Sunday, January 19, 2014

Whirlwind of Emotions

Tyler and I are so in love with this sweet boy! We have experienced a whirlwind of emotions. We go from laughing, to crying, to laughing, to crying, and so on. We are tired but we are doing great. We have spent a lot of time in prayer individually and also as a family. Today, I realized that this is the first time in my life that I have taken a true leap of faith, put all of my trust in the Lord, and said here I am do what you want. It is an incredible feeling to know that I am fulfilling God's plan for me right now. It has been 2 days and I feel like I have completely changed as a person. My hair, my clothes, my makeup just don't matter. I am taking time to just listen to the precious noises and watch one of God's greatest creations. I am taking time to spend in prayer and listening to God. It is amazing what a 6 pound 3 ounce little boy can do to your heart!
When we brought him home he weighed 6 pounds 2 ounces and had lost 7 ounces while in the hospital. In 2 days he has gained an ounce! He also came home with high bilirubin levels and when he was tested today they had started to decrease! We were so excited to hear that. We have a follow up appointment tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment