Saturday, January 25, 2014

Enjoying Every Second

God sure has taken care of Tyler and I. I prayed last Friday morning when I woke up that if we were going to get a placement that it would be the perfect weekend for it since we were off for a snow day and were off school on Monday. An hour later our phone rang for our sweet boy. Our "pregnancy" was crammed into about 6 hours! We found out we were expecting at 9:30, delivered at 3, and brought him home at 5.  I had intended to take the week off but God had different plans for us. We have both been off all week due to snow days. Such a blessing! We have enjoyed every second with this sweet boy. If the forecast is correct, we may be off next Monday as well!
Yesterday we celebrated one week as his parents! We had lots of visitors and got to show off this bundle of joy. We have been blown away with everyone's support, thoughts, love, and prayers. We have received so many gifts, encouraging messages, and cannot express how much we appreciate it.  It's amazing how many people love this boy.
Everyone has told us a baby changes everything and they were so right. It has changed everything for the better. Yes, we are tired but Tyler and I have love for this boy and for each other that we did not know was possible. While driving the other day, Tyler and I were talking about all of the blessings in our lives. We started talking about John 3:16 and we both feel that we understand this at such a deeper level now. The thought of giving this baby back brings tears to my eyes immediately and our God did that for us. He gave his only Son so that we could have eternal life.
Tyler is still sleeping on this cold, snowy morning. I have enjoyed the quiet time with my little miracle. We said our morning prayers together and I rocked him to sleep to worship songs, which he loves. Amazing Love was the first this morning which goes back to our discussion in the car. Sweet baby was full of smiles during that song so he must love it too. Visitation is scheduled to start today and I have been very apprehensive. As tears started to fill my eyes, Safe started to play. The chorus says
"You will be safe in His arms, You will be safe in His arms because the hands that hold the world are holding your heart. This is a promise He made He will be with you always. When everything is falling apart you will be safe in His arms."
I know he will be safe at his visit and I will be ok because we are in His arms.
Here are a few pictures from the past few days. He either knows I cannot show his face or is really sick of me taking pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment