Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Slow Down, Sweet Boy

It doesn't happen as often as it used to but tonight you let me rock you to sleep. I think you can sense when your Mommy needs that extra time to just hold you and soak up everything about you. As I held you tonight my arms seemed to remember that tiny baby snuggled up to me and not the big boy whose legs dangled over the side of the chair. Tonight I looked at your sweet hands that once just waved around but now push your trains from one end of the house to the other, throws your baseball, dunks your basketball, turns the pages of your books, and puts the pieces in your puzzle. I looked at your chubby little legs that used to flail with excitement but now allow you to run all over, climb on everything, and help you jump. I looked into your big brown eyes that haven't changed a bit. They are still full of excitement, wonder, and love. Tonight, I rocked you to sleep for the last time as a one year old. Tomorrow, you will turn 2 years old and we will have even more adventures and more memories to create. Two years have gone by in the blink of an eye and I wish I could freeze time. You make your Mommy laugh hysterically every day, you make your Mommy so proud, and you make your Mommy's heart absolutely melt. Mommy tells you every day but you are absolutely perfect. I thank God every single night that he chose me to be your Mommy. Happy Birthday my Sweet Boy!
Opening presents at his birthday party.

First time ever playing in the snow! He absolutely loved it!
Baking with Mommy and Daddy on our snow day.


No comments:

Post a Comment