Saturday, April 5, 2014

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

It is hard to believe our sweet boy will be 3 months old on the 13th! At his last well check he was almost 13 pounds and had grown 2 more inches! He gets bigger by the minute! He is holding his head up on his own and pushing up while he is on his tummy. He hasn't rolled over anymore but he is getting close! He has quite the personality and is always making us laugh. He is full of silly faces and is always telling stories.
This morning when he finished eating we sat in the rocking chair and listened to the birds together. We talked about the birds chirping, the beautiful sunshine, and the green grass. It's amazing what all of those things can do to your mood. I was instantly happier seeing sunshine and hearing the birds. The sweet boy and I enjoyed our quiet time together taking in all of God's beautiful creations. We enjoyed a nice nap together and got to visit family. It is such a blessing to have the support, love, and encouragement from our family.
We met our ongoing worker this week. She was really nice and seemed to truly have the baby's best interest in mind. They have another court date this coming week which always makes me nervous. At this point, we are told he will continue to stay with us but you never know. We will just continue to pray about the situation and love this sweet thing for as long as we can.
This week I have been in several situations where I have gotten to share our story about fostering. I am thankful for these situations because it provides me with not only an opportunity to educate about foster care but also an opportunity to share about my faith. One conversation has stuck out in my mind all week and I could not figure out why. The person with whom I was speaking said, "He is so lucky to have you, you are going to make a big difference in his life." I responded and thanked her for her kind words and told her that we are truly blessed to have him. Today while driving I finally made the connection. Her statement reminded me of the movie Blind Side. One of the characters said, "You are changing that boy's life." and the responses was, "No, he is changing mine." I did not realize the changes that would take place in my life when this sweet boy entered it. I knew we would be tired, our house would be messy, and I would have a never ending pile of laundry. I never realized the changes that would take place in my heart. That sweet smile can turn the worst day around and just make everything right. There is nothing like snuggling this precious boy. He has no idea the impact he is having on my life.

Dreaming of the beach in our whale outfit!


My big boy outfit!

My handsome outfit for the wedding. 


Momma's favorite smile :)
By far the funniest face yet, he has mastered the pouty lip!

No comments:

Post a Comment